BC trip - part 1
We took off to BC for a couple of weeks and I just got back yesterday morning. This excursion will take a few posts, so bear with me as I sort through a zillion photos and attempt to write a bunch of stuff. Carrie isn't back yet because she had to go to some work thing in New York, so she went there straight from Vancouver.
My red-eye flight was unexciting, made extra unfun by the fact that I didn't get a wing seat. You know, the ones where you can't keep luggage on the ground but it's an exit route so you get 4 more inches of leg room. To someone like me, those 4 inches mean the difference between the least comfortable flight in history and an ever-so-slightly better one. But I do prefer the extra leg room. There is the odd case where the entire seat in front of you is removed at the wing, but not every plane has that, and I've only enjoyed that once. Bulkhead seats are deceptive: they're occasionally offered (with good intentions) to tall people, but although there is more knee room there is less foot room, so it's really no better than any other seat. Fortunately for me Carrie's was empty and right beside mine, so I could stretch out on an angle... most expensive leg room ever!
So anyway, somewhere over Manitoba yesterday there was a medical situation on board. Fortunately the flight wasn't diverted but continued to Toronto, which was a scheduled layover for me. The only problem was that we were late landing and then we all had to wait for the EMT crew to help mr. situation off the plane. I was fairly certain I'd miss my connection which was due to leave in about 10 minutes. Upon finally stepping from the plane to the terminal I heard my name in the tail end of a "final boarding call" PA announcement. My layover was literally under 3 minutes long, from plane to plane. Best connection ever! And to top it off, my luggage even made it! I have no idea how they pulled that off; they must have known my precious Granville Island beer cargo needed to go in the fridge ASAP. Thanks Westjet.
Ottawa airport is relatively tiny, so upon getting my checked luggage within 10 minutes, I was surprised to find myself about 40th in line for a taxi. But this city is cab-crazy, and plenty seem to hang out at the airport; in under 5 minutes I was on my way home.
So... not all the plants are dead. But the mailbox was crammed very full indeed. I also noticed that neither the kitchen sliding door nor the living room sliding door (both leading outside) were locked properly... oh well, nobody dropped in and stole my bike, so all's well that ends well.
thank goodness for Granville Island beer and bikes that no one wants...lol
ReplyDeleteEagerly awaiting Part 2!
ReplyDelete.... and part 3 and 4 and....
ReplyDeleteI would have brought you home if you had just told me you needed a ride!
ReplyDeleteBut it might have been a longer wait than a cab.... just 6 hrs or so...
welcome back! I hear you are coming out on Saturday night. See you then!
ReplyDelete