A li'l more of Lily
Lily? Again? Seriously? I know, she's all I ever blog about. But perhaps this, too, shall pass.
In the meantime, a big fat update. Well, maybe not fat yet, but yesterday she weighed in at 6 lbs 14 oz. That's a net gain of 28 oz in the 16 days since leaving the hospital, so evidently we're doing something right.
She seems to be a lazy feeder at times, but evidently not to her detriment. To ours, certainly, in terms of sleep, but she doesn't seem the least bit guilty about that.
We passed a wonderful milestone yesterday. We were busy making tomato sauce and preserving peaches, and Lily decided to holler heartily. We weathered it for a good hour without picking her up; eventually her mother caved, but it did prove our ability to let her yell without feeling the need to coddle her. Bring on the next few years!
Li'l monkey.
She's cute when she's quiet.
Lily got her first three-wheeler! While we are loathe to spend any big money on our girl, we decided we wanted a nice BOB stroller to chauffeur our princess around. We found a great used one with all the accessories at a good price.
She loves her stroller... except when it's not in motion.
"K fine, I'll be quiet for the photo, but I don't have to like it."
Oh, and by the way, Lily has a middle name now, although I must say she did very well without one. It's Joanna, in honour of her mother and her great-grandmother.
What a cutie! We've been eagerly awaiting an update, so now we're good for a few days ...
ReplyDeleteAww she's such a peanut! Andrew she so looks like you right now.....thanks for the posting more pictures (and I can assure this too, will most definitely not pass. It just gets worse as they do more stuff:)
ReplyDeleteVery cute! About the huge bit... our smallest was still a full pound heavier:)That's ok, she'll catch up!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see some more pics of Lily (and Daisy). Glad to hear that she is doing what babies are supposed to be doing - keeping parents out of mischief!! Patti
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful daughter and we are looking forward to seeing her You may blog as much as you want about her. She is a very important person!
Mom V
I agree with Marian, she looks like you Andrew. Keep posting, you can never have too many pictures. By the way, I realized she was born on my birthday, yeah!
ReplyDeleteAdorable :) Keep the updates coming, and coddle her for pete's sake, look at that sweet little face :)
ReplyDelete