there's winter
Well, this past week winter finally arrived. Sort of. It snowed for a day, but all we had to show for the storm was a measly 20cm or so. It has snowed again since, not much, but every bit helps. Or is supposed to... it's rather hard to tell whether it does.
Anyway, from now on it should be white/grey here until April and that's all that matters.
December events are well under way. We had our church Christmas program and potluck last week already. We had a white elephant exchange party with friends this past week (where instead of buying gifts you get to give away unwanted junk that's lying around the house); turns out it's a potentially amusing game.
Tonight we're off to another party, sort of a mid-season Bible study soirée. Should be fun... and delicious. The time for gorging lasts only the rest of the month! (Not that I endorse gorging, but considering how little I normally eat, I should feel justified in playing catch-up from the rest of the year.)
Tuesday evening we're going to a Messiah concert downtown. We haven't been to many Messiah performances in a number of years so it was time to go again. I believe every year is simply too often, but that's probably because I overplayed the performance at home (which also means I now have in my head a "standard" performance against which I'm forced to rate all others).
Carrie's leaving me for two days. She's off to Mexico City for two whole days for work; she is the entire Canadian delegation, merely there as a third party in a USA-vs-Mexico case. She considered staying longer to go and see some touristy stuff but decided against it. I suppose our upcoming visit in January (though not to Mexico City) will have to suffice.
Carrie's knitting again. She knit the dog a sweater (I don't want her to make me a sweater but the dog doesn't have that kind of choice); I'll have to post a picture of that shortly.
You can't wait for winter, Marian can't wait for summer. . . I'm glad I just enjoy each season as it comes around, since every season has its pros and cons. Have fun in Mexico!
ReplyDeleteI hate winter....
ReplyDeleteAs long as the house is warm I don't care what the weather does out there. I can enjoy it in all its various stages! (Unless I have to do groceries of course...)
ReplyDeletewill you and daisy have matching sweaters? :)
ReplyDelete