One more nephew
Congratulations Karin & Hank! My sister in Smithers just had a baby boy. Little Aaron took his time... wasn't he supposed to be a Christmas baby? He hasn't even met me yet, and already he procrastinates as well as I do.
I have many more nephews than nieces... almost 2 to 1. I guess that's to make up for having too high a ratio of sisters to brothers in my own sibling pool.
Nothing else new, except that spring sprang early this year. It's been raining for a few days and a little too warm... topping out at something like 12 degrees. A week ago I was considering shovelling the deck again, but yesterday the last bit of snow succumbed to the torrents of rain and warm air and the deck is clear. What used to be beautiful 3- or 4-foot snowbanks along the road are now 1-foot poor excuses of snow "piles". Very sad indeed. Let's hope there's a little bit more winter afoot. Else Ottawa's Winterlude will sport a 7km swimming pool instead of a rink.
Be thankful for the warm weather-I'm already looking for the first signs that spring is coming...won't be for a while yet, but...can always hope...
ReplyDeleteI don't need warm weather. What I need is another reason to go and break my neck on a ski hill.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean. We're supposed to go "up north" in a few weeks, but there's hardly any point in doing that if all the snow will be gone.
ReplyDelete