Monday, 26 February 2007

Our humble abode

After much prodding, I've decided it's time for some apartment pictures. Not really sure why, since indoor pictures of tiny places don't generally work too well. So to those of you who asked for this, don't blame me if you're sorely disappointed.

Out in the hall is the elevator which is as big as it looks. It would be an astounding feat to fit four adults in this thing. As I click, I have to hold the door open. There's a sliding door inside too that has to close during operation; nothing automatic about this old crate.


Here is the floor plan, more or less to scale.


Stepping into the foyer, the bathroom is on the left. Mirror just inside the doorway makes a good coat rack.


Bathroom isn't easy to shoot, so too bad I guess!


Living room. Ugly but comfy blanket covering nice but cold couch. All our suitcases and other junk fit nicely behind the door.


The "bedroom" is separated by a handy junk-collecting shelving unit, which I tidied up just for this special occasion.


Some boring shots of the kitchen. One of the worst things to deal with is the fact that I can't buy 4 litres of ice cream unless I expect to eat it right away (tough decision at 50 cents a bite); our freezer is the shoe-box thingy at the top right of our fridge which I'm certain was made for little people.



Well that better have been worth the arduous wait.

8 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!!! thankyouthankyouthankyou....
    I'm quite impressed- your bedroom looks reeeallly romantic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks andrew! well worth the wait! Kinda neat to see how other people around the world live. m

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder they can fit so many people in Europe! I could not image living like you do, although it would be neat for the experience - it's looks quite romantic! (the checkered floor is a little much, though). Just remember not to delete the pics, so they can be printed later and Carrie can scrapbook about your stay in Switzerland . . .
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for showing us your tiny, tiny counter - do they lower the height of the ceilings too? (that way they can fit more floors into a building!) I'm very proud of you to see no Coke in the tiny fridge; you either removed it prior to taking the photo, the fridge is too small to fit the amount of Coke you need, or you've quit your addiction - aagghh! could that be it??????
    KD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'm no longer a coke addict (??!!?); it's too expensive. The tap water here is excellent and a fair bit cheaper.

    As for the size of the place, it's the same size as our Toronto place but laid out a bit better, even without a bedroom wall.

    Marian... I sent you pictures of the place long ago; don't remember?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did not...maybe when the old tenants lived there, but not with your stuff in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Andrew and Carrie,
    Your living room looks like it should have enough space for us to hold our Teen Club Bible study in. Are you free this coming Friday evening?

    ReplyDelete
  8. wellll.... okay, but you have arrange your own transportation. Coffee's on.

    ReplyDelete